With the purchase of one of the tours of Runa Tupari Native Travel Cia. Ltda. (Runa Tupari), clients agree to the following terms and conditions.

1. For all tours described on this website, the minimum number of participants for Runa Tupari to confirm the tour is two (2). If there is a confirmed departure for a certain tour and date, single travellers can be joined to that tour, paying the published tour price for groups of 2-4 people. If there is no confirmed departure, single travellers will need to pay the price established by Runa Tupari in a prior costing.

2. Prices do include all services as published on this website. A 12% VAT will be added for national clients. Tour prices and inclusions are subject to change, and will be updated and specified accordingly on this website. If there was a change in tour price and/or inclusions for a certain tour, Runa Tupari guarantees the original price and inclusions to all clients who made a reservation before that change took place. If the price for a tour is reduced or more inclusions are added (e.g. due to a seasonal special offer), clients who bought the tour before those changes have no right to refunds or additional services other than the ones established under their existing booking.

3. Reservations must be made at least two (2) months prior to departure. Later reservations are not guaranteed until they have been checked and confirmed in writing by Runa Tupari.

4. After a client´s reservation has been confirmed by Runa Tupari, 50% of the total tour price has to be deposited one (1) month prior to departure in case of a regional tour or volunteer program. The remaining 50% are to be paid 15 days prior to departure.

For countrywide journeys and Galapagos-Tours (trip codes NRT-1-6) as well as individual/FIT- trips, 30% of the total cost are to be paid as a deposit when making the booking, and the remaining 70% one (1) month prior to the beginning of the trip.

In case of last minute reservations (<15 days prior to tour start) clients must confirm in writing with Runa Tupari the form of payment.

5. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing and acknowledged by Runa Tupari. In case of regional tours and volunteer programs the following cancellation fees apply:

>30 days prior to departure: no cancellation fees

30-15 days prior to departure: 50% of total tour price,

<15 days prior to departure and no-shows: 100%

In case of countrywide journeys and Galapagos-Tours (trip codes NRT-1-6) as well as individual/FIT- trips, the following cancellation fees apply:

>30 days prior to departure: 30% of total tour price

30-15 days prior to departure: 70% of total tour price

<15 days prior to departure and no-shows: 100%

6. Runa Tupari is not obligated to offer compensations or refunds for missed or unused services included in the tours. This includes voluntary or involuntary termination or departure from tours, due to sickness, death of a family member, etc. The possibility of a compensation or refund will be checked for any particular case by Runa Tupari management upon the client´s written request.

7. All itineraries described on this website are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances and acts of god, for example weather conditions, road damages, natural disasters, social unrest, cancellations by third parties etc. Refunds may apply, but are the decision of Runa Tupari management.

8. Runa Tupari requires that all clients have sufficient medical insurance for Ecuador, which also covers injuries from activities like hiking, biking, mountain climbing and other adventure sports, if those activities form part of the tour program. Clients acknowledge that the nature of some of our tours is adventurous and may involve some personal risk. Clients assume all such risk and release Runa Tupari from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, injuries or death resulting from these inherent risks.

9. Clients must be in possession of valid travel documents, visas, health certificates, etc. as required by Ecuadorian authorities.

10. Clients visiting or staying in one of the indigenous or local communities must abide by the code of conduct established by these communities. Clients must also abide by Ecuadorian laws concerning protected areas and species, traffic, safety, protection of children and minors, drug and substance abuse, etc. and at all times follow the instructions about safety and conduct given by Runa Tupari personnel. Otherwise, clients can be expelled from the tour group without any rights to reimbursement for lost services.

11. For online reservations, a copy of the passport or identity card of the person making the reservation will be required for security purposes and, in case the credit card is provided, add a copy of the passport or identity card of the traveler, in addition A copy of the online payment transaction from your bank attached to the credit card is required.